CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bigger than my body gives me credit for.

I think one of the most beautiful things about the Gospel is the fact that it allows us to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. Once we are brought into right standing with God through the person and work of Jesus Christ, we are taken from living an existence built entirely around ourselves busily trying to carve out a kingdom for our own fame, and swept into something bigger, more extravagant, and eternally lasting. The Gospel sweeps us away into something that has been in motion since before the dawn of time and is, in fact, the driving force behind all of history. Namely, the reconciliation of creation with its Creator and the glorification of God in all things.

I was reminded of this several times today in little ways that I am a part of something that has been in motion long before I took my first breath and will continue to be long after I cease to breath and I find a great deal of comfort in that.

0 comments: