CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Columbus and back again

A couple of weeks ago I visited Veritas Community Church, an Acts 29 church in Columbus,OH that had recently launched. It was a good experience all the way around. Nick, the lead planter, was on staff at Sojourn in Louisville for several years while he was in seminary so Veritas has a lot of similarities. I had a good talk with him before and after the service (one of the benefits of a small church)that helped with some of my decision making about seminary. Veritas is only two months removed from it's launch and the night I was there there were about 50 people. (I counted, but I've forgotten what the exact count was now, not that it matters.) Mostly it was just interesting to me to be at a church that close to it's launch, it was an encouraging time for me and I'm truly glad I went.

It's Thanksgiving today which means it's a good time to look back at the past year (and life in general) and give thanks for what's happened. (and sometimes what hasn't.) :)Obviously I most thankful for my salvation, the more I think about it the more overwhelmed by it I become. The amount of grace, love, and mercy that's been bestowed on me is far beyond my comprehension but I know it's far more then I, or any of us, deserve. I'm also incredibly grateful for my friends. I've been reminded of that a lot over the past week, especially as I was sitting in the middle of several of them last night at a basketball game. I really have been blessed to be surrounded by these people. I know I have countless more things I could put here but those are the ones that have pressed on my mind lately.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: